Wednesday, May 22, 2013

We Own the Night!


The evening of Sunday 19th of may, I run “ We own the Night” a 10km women’s run organized by Nike In Westerpark Amsterdam. I was offered a Nike start packet  by Leonie, together with my friend Laura and she promised that It will be an amazing evening.

As promised, an after-hours run like no other. A10 kilometers of light, sound and the unexpected, together with 2000 women to celebrate the young, the female and the fabulous city of Amsterdam.  The after run party is held at the Gashouder with a performance by Eva Simons.

At 19:00 I picked up my start packet which included an orange Tshirt  and a nice bracelet and of course my start number. The Nike stand displayed cool outfit and shoes, a must have!! 

Before the start I got to chit chat with the ultra runner Leonie who was there being sure that the evening turns out to an unforgettable experience. I also got to meet with Francien and Fieke the coolest Nike chicks.


With @GirlsLove2Run

I put on my Nike tshirt and took some cool pictures with Laura and headed to the start after dropping our bags. 


The atmosphere at the start is unbelievable, loud music everyone is dancing and jumping ready to start. Few minutes before the 20:30 start guess who showed up? EVA SIMONS!! She stood right in front of me and yes she is running the 10 km! How cool is that! 

The first meters after the start line is seen as a ball of smoke and great music in the background! 

From the beginning I chose a nice pace and enjoyed the ride of 10 fun kms with lots of flash lights and supporters along the side. 

The course itself was beautiful and the time went by so fast. When I approached the finish, it looked nothing like a finish line … A little bit surprised, the crew pointed to keep running inside the “Gashouder” which a huge metal container. The moment I stepped in I couldn't believe my eyes and ears!! Loud music, a beautiful purple color glowing in the dark, I run over a bright full bridge leading me to the stage where a huge screen is displayed showing my Live entrance. Speechless, I could only say one word " WOW" !! A spectacular finish, never to be forgotten!!!  The finish gift is a cool pink bracelet stamped We own the night!

The Finish entrance!
Beside the finish gift, every runner receives 2 tokens for a drink to enjoy during the after run party which started at 22:30 with an amazing performance of Eva Simons. 


During the performance, photographers are circulating around snapping pictures and printing it out on a magnet for every person in the picture!! So COOOL!

Picture on a magnet-
Fun Night with Laura and Vanessa!
 For sure Nike knows how to make your running experience unforgettable!

AND YES WE OWNED THE NIGHT!!




4 comments:

  1. Soms, maar dan ook heel soms vind ik het jammer dat ik een man ben :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool! Wist niet van het bestaan af van dit event!! Geweldig!
    Mag iedereen er zomaar aan meedoen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like great fun! I'd love to do a night run one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hele verslag straalt hoe jij hebt genoten. Leuk!

    ReplyDelete