Tuesday, June 18, 2013

30 year old Milestone & Colours By the Sea


Wow what time flies! A small update ... On Sunday June 9th I turned 30. YES I just hit the 30 year old milestone!! This number scares me! It sounds Old!! But after an awesome holiday with my family where I got to celebrate almost every night, I came back home on my birthday all refreshed! I feel younger,  wiser and happier than ever! I can't ask for any better start!
So bring it on! I am ready to Rock n Roll my 30's!!

The Colours by the Sea

The Crazy four: Ronald, Merit, Me and Andrea

Have you heard of this most fun run of the year? The Color Run, also known as the Happiest 5k on the Planet, is a unique paint race that celebrates healthiness, happiness, individuality ...

The Color Run is a five-kilometer, un-timed race in which thousands of participants are doused from head to toe in different colors at each kilometer. The fun continues at the finish line with a gigantic “Color Festival,” using more colored powder to create happiness and lasting memories.




Two rules applies, the idea is easy to follow:

1. Wear white at the starting line
2. Finish plastered in color

Believe it or not it was one of a blast run!! Just thinking of it put a smile on my face! I wouldn't even call it a run since I danced more than I run! This past Friday I run the Colours by the Sea which took place in Vlissingen Zeeland. I have never been there so it felt like a small vacation to run this fun run and have a great time with my family.

The run itself could not have been any crazier and fun without my running mates Andrea, Merit and Ronald. The four of us contributed in making this run full of laughter and Unforgettable!

We joined Andrea, Merit and Ronald for dinner few meters away from the start. Dinner took so long that we missed the tweetUp but we were on time for the start. From the moment we stood up in the start grid the party has started! You can barely recognize anyone, everyone is wearing the same t-shirt and a colorful sunglasses and some of them had a cool outfit just like Andrea ( see pics) The start took off with a big confetti explosion, at every km we were showered with a color from head to toe! We joked and laughed all way long! The run was so beautiful, it goes on the sand along the sea with a beautiful sunset in the horizon and the temperature was just perfect!

Photos and the video below describes the one of a fun event!

Before
During...
During...
After...
After...
Happy Colorful Ness


THE FILM

Produced and Edited by @RunningRonald




1 comment:

  1. what a way to have a after-30-birthday-party!! het was supergezellig met jullie allemaal!! Dank je wel voor het lachen :))

    ReplyDelete